Dear BeingGirl Experts,
I have a boy teacher at school. What if my period starts in school? I think it's coming soon because I have pubic hairs and my breasts have grown a little. What should I tell my teacher?

Madison
---
Dear Madison,
Chances are you won’t start your period at school. If you do start for the first time at school no one else will probably know this unless you tell them. If you are vigilant and use pantiliners daily for vaginal discharge, you should not have any problems because the pantiliner will work for a few hours. Periods usually start with a little staining in your panties, not with a rush of menstrual fluid. Be sure and use the restroom whenever you have the opportunity, and then you'll feel quite comfortable about the fact that you have "checked" on your status

You should be carrying your menstrual protection in a backpack or purse so you will be protected if you do start at school. After you have started having periods, and you aren't sure when your period is due, you can wear a pantiliner daily to avoid any accidents. Also, check out the location in your school where emergency menstrual products are kept. Sometimes it is the school nurse, the health/physical education teacher, or even the school secretary. Changing during class breaks or during lunch makes the most sense

Good luck!
Your BeingGirl Experts